So, I decided on changing up my original plan a little bit. Instead of doing this event randomly whenever, we're going to turn it into an ongoing, permanent addition to Renzokusei. So, things are going to be a bit different. I probably overused the red font color, but whatever.
Starting on February 15th, the second Reader's Choice will start. Upon the start, everyone who voted in the first one is able to vote again in this one. Also, every single vote that counted in the first event is carried over to this one. Meaning, if a series had 3 votes at the end of the previous Reader's Choice, at the start of the next one, it still has 3. You can vote for the same series you did in the first one.
Now, a start date is listed, but an end date is not, why is that? This is because we are going to close the event whenever we are able to pick up more series as a group. Once we close this one, another thread will be made for the next, and the cycle will forever continue.
Whichever series has the most total votes whenever the event ends, is the series that we will pick up.
You must post your requests in this thread or it will not count towards the final tally. The same normal requests rules apply to this event. When requesting a series, give its name whether in Japanese or English, and a link to the MangaUpdates page for that particular series. Any request that does not have a link to its MangaUpdates page will NOT count.
READ THE POST RIGHT BELOW THIS ONE FOR SERIES WHO YOU CAN NOT VOTE FOR.
There have been some changes to the guidelines. The maximum series you can request has been increased to 4. You can also now request series with the genre of Shoujo or Josei. And the addition of guideline number 5.
1. A maximum of 4 series requests per person. Any person with 5 or more series requested will not be counted.
2. No requests may have a genre of yaoi or contain netorare (NTR). Anything else goes.
3. You may only alter your requests if a series you have requested is listed in the second post. If you alter your requests, be sure to reply in this thread QUOTING your original post.
4. The series must not already be completely scanlated. This is a given, but for some reason, we have received requests to redo some series that are already done.
5. The series must not already be considered a planned or ongoing series by us. This is also a given, but for some reason we keep receiving requests for series we're already doing or plan on doing, even ones with regular releases.
6. No currently ongoing weekly manga. I don't quite like this stipulation, but public scans for weekly manga are typically very, very bad. On top of that, subscribing to a weekly magazine is completely out of the question.
7. You may request a manga that is considered "active" by another group. However, if the series gets regular releases and/or is caught up on its scanlation, it will not be counted, and we will not do it.
8. It's not a requirement, but if the series already has publicly available usable scans, then that would help doing the project immensely. It also means we'd be able to start on it earlier, as if I have to purchase anything, it will take more time before we can start on it.
9. It is recommended that people request something that has been dropped previously, or stalled considerably. We are a group that specializes in such series.
Edited by Derek, 23 February 2013 - 07:55 PM.