Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Dorohedoro likely extending to volume 20

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

sundress

sundress

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

i'll just copy and paste from where i read it

According to this blog (which has been reliable in the past), the following note was in the latest issue of Monthly Ikki:

林田球「次の19集を少し分厚くして、最終巻にするつもりで進めていましたが、描いていくうち、もう少し書きたいところが増えたので20集まで描こうかなーと思い編集部に相談中です。またきまたら改めて告知しますねー。」

編集部「そっ、そんなの答えは1コじゃん!って思いつつ、関係各所に相談の上、結果は紙面にて報告させていただきますっ!」

Which is basically Q saying that at first she thought of making volume 19 thicker than normal and ending the series there. But in the midst of drawing she ended up wanting to draw more, and that it would be better to extend the series to volume 20. She proposed this idea to the editors, and they are very excited about it, but are still waiting to hear back from the higher ups. Q will inform us once a final decision is reached. 

ngl i saw that coming what with how much stuff still had to go down before the conclusion but i'm still stoked as all hell for an entire additional volume god bless hayashida

plus ending on volume 20 sounds a lot nicer than on volume 19 lmao

FilthyBastrd

FilthyBastrd

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

A 20'th volume was pretty much necessary, not to mention FANTASTIC news!

Kaiman needs to up his game, otherwise our protagonist will be completely outshined by Nikaido ;) She was tough from day one and now she's challenging devils.

Edited by FilthyBastrd, 26 November 2013 - 04:55 PM.

dfMolly

dfMolly

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

i was a bit worried about a rushed ending, when there's so much left to tie up. i'm really happy to hear this news!

AlvarOsO

AlvarOsO

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

It is really funny how the autor just adds more and more volumes when he said to be close to the ending. he was going to end it in volume 19, and we are now in the 22.

Not complaining, though, it really needed more than one volume, and I really enjoy the series.