There has been a recent hacking spree of several manga sites and many id/pass combos have been stolen.
I know many people tend to use same id/pass combos on many sites. I urge people to change their passwords immediately to prevent potential hacking on your account.
There is no known leak of from the Batoto servers right now, but your account (which could use a leaked password) may still still be in danger.
Here is a reddit thread discussing the issue (also has list of compromised sites):
If you want to learn about safe password practices through comics, here are two XKCD.
Picking a good password: http://xkcd.com/936/
Dangers of password reuse: http://xkcd.com/792/ (more relevant to current issue)
For anyone wondering, our login system is IPB's login system.
You can change your password here:
General Safety Tools
- If you want to store all your passwords somewhere safe, you can try KeePass
- If you want some tool to create and type in passwords for you, you can try LastPass.
- If you have difficulty remembering different passwords, try creating your own system of passwords. For example: (Don't use these. Make your own! Combine them! Be creative!)
- Like weaving letters. If your typical password is "hello" and you visit "batoto", your password could be "bhaetloltoo".
- Or you can create sentence expressions like "Batoto is awesome!!1". Easy to remember and even has punctuations! (Note: Some sites do not accept space characters)
- You can even use non-english characters! (Again, some sites do not accept non-english [non-alphanumeric] characters. )