Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kaiman's Fate? (SPOILERS!)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Nubblecakes

Nubblecakes

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

This originally started out as a post on the latest chapter, but it became much more complex, so I figured a separate thread was appropriate. As the title suggests, this contains massive spoilers, so only read further if you have caught up with the manga already.

Basically...is anyone else really worried that Kaiman is going to just disappear at the end of the manga? According to Nikaido's recent deduction, he's a product of Risu's curse magic and Ebisu's reptilian morphing magic mixed with Aikawa/Ai, correct? Though I have NO idea how Ebisu could have possibly been involved in Kaiman's creation in the first place. Unless there's something really important about her that has yet to be revealed. She is sort of an enigma if you really think about it. Anyway, if Ai dies...doesn't that mean Aikawa and Kaiman die along with him since they're all essentially one being?

Then again, Kaiman's abrupt return is a total enigma itself. It's obvious that his head that Shin severed a year prior was simply resurrected via some of Kikurage's smoke, then his body was revived via Noi's smoke. That's assuming it was done by a human or magic user of course. My personal theory is that a devil is responsible (perhaps the one that told Nikaido to retrieve the kitchen knife from Haru). A devil that's against Chidaruma's plans sounds like a very plausible development (Initiate "this ally was a devil all along" plot twist). I just don't understand how his old, severed head could bring him back as a separate entity from Ai since he grew a replacement shortly after and was Kaiman as we know him. He disappeared much further down the road after his encounter with En that made him transform in to Aikawa's personality. That version of Kaiman is the anomaly formed within Ai that basically acts as another personality that randomly assumes control; like Aikawa. So...what the Hell is this other Kaiman? Just another anomaly born from his severed head that retains his memories up to the head's severance? Wouldn't that mean you could just keep cutting his head off and making infinite copies of him? Or was that head regeneration ability just a part of Ai?

Regardless, I find it kind of disappointing that Kaiman has returned only just before everything is coming to an end. He was the main reason I initially became invested in the manga. I know he's basically a magical anomaly, but if he ends up disappearing, I'm going to be majorly let down. Him and Nikaido both deserve a good ending, and I seriously might end up hating this manga if they don't get one. Perhaps the change of publishers means the author plans on expanding even further. Though I don't know what else would come after the whole thing with Ai is resolved.

Seibah

Seibah

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Though I have NO idea how Ebisu could have possibly been involved in Kaiman's creation in the first place. Unless there's something really important about her that has yet to be revealed.

I'm pretty sure all that happened was some of Ebisu's smoke interrupted curse when he was killing Ai and trapped it/him inside Kaiman's head. Nothing more than a clash of magic leading to an unexpected effect.

My personal theory is that a devil is responsible (perhaps the one that told Nikaido to retrieve the kitchen knife from Haru). A devil that's against Chidaruma's plans sounds like a very plausible development

If you go back to chapter 118 around page 20, the devil who assists them is most likely Nikaido. They devil is carrying a box very similar to hers and it's face is very similar to her mask.
Of course that's just speculation on my behalf.

Nubblecakes

Nubblecakes

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I'm pretty sure all that happened was some of Ebisu's smoke interrupted curse when he was killing Ai and trapped it/him inside Kaiman's head. Nothing more than a clash of magic leading to an unexpected effect.

If you go back to chapter 118 around page 20, the devil who assists them is most likely Nikaido. They devil is carrying a box very similar to hers and it's face is very similar to her mask.
Of course that's just speculation on my behalf.

Oh wow, I didn't even think of that. But it still doesn't fully explain Kaiman randomly appearing. Going off your theory, it makes me think even more that Kaiman is important in ending the chaos.

Nikaido must have reached full devilhood at some point, and realizing that Kaiman was critical, she revived him and brought him back to Hole for her past self to discover him. The only thing is...can she really leave someone in the past like that? Maybe being a full-fledged devil allowed her to do so.

That probably means the "present" Nikaido will get replaced with her "new" version a couple more times.

xanalee

xanalee

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Anyone think Kaiman/Aikawa is going to die at the end of this? I think it's pretty likely but him staying alive, helping Nikaido out at the Hungry Bug, and eating gyoza every day is just as likely. I'm not sure which one I want more. I mean this whole mess started because Ai/Aikawa/Kaiman wanted to be a magic user and HOLE or aka the lake of recluse took control of him and used him for evil. If he died it'd be like his suffering could finally end. But if he lived and went back with Nikaido it'd be like a happy end and back to their beautiful friendship like in the beginning ;___; 

James2568

James2568

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I have a theory, but it involves a bit of rambling. I think Kaiman is now an independent entity. The last head destroyed was Ai's, which means that every other head, including the one that became the current Kaiman was created by the hole's "gift" that ai mentioned.Likewise his body was probably created healing magic or something, which kinda makes it seem like hell die whenever the source of the magic dies. Except theres only three ways weve seen that a person can resurrect. Having the demon tumor intact, with magic then done by a magic user. Having the demon tumor hold one of the demons special viles, or having them be resurrected by a demon. Kaiman isnt a magic user and his current head isnt one that had the demon tumor implanted, so it must have been a demons work. The only demon I expect that could have done that is Nikaido. So Kaiman's life is probably linked to hers. Since hole created the extra head, and Ebisu shaped it, they may be linked to Kaiman as well. So its possible that this Kaiman might die if any of them die. Except thats already happened when Kaiman(head 2) turned back into Aikawa/whoever. When Ebisu died The severed head should have transformed back as well.

That means theres a few things that are strange right now.

1) Who took the head from curse and put it in the magic world?

2) Why didnt head 1 turn back into Aikawa as well?

3) How did resurrected Aikawa get into the department store?

All this adds together to make me think that alternate future Nikaido travelled all the way back to when Kaiman lost his first head, and took it from curse BEFORE curse could eat it like it ate everything else it took from Aikawa. Then holding onto the head for a while and changing it so it cant turn back before leaving at the scene of Aikawa's return. Then took the head to the department store before it went under water so that the head could get there safely. This needed to be done because magic doors were being blocked by the hole as we learnt from Asu (Even the demons could only get there because of the black house) If Nikaido had just flown in holding the head it would have been destroyed or at least affected by the mud like Ai was. If she put the head in the body when she flew through the mud, then her body would have been absorbed like the professor was in the aborted timeline.

Next she resurrected him and told herself about store's knife. But she didnt travel back in time yet.

How does all this connect to the fate of Kai? Well I reckon that his connection to Ebisu by Nikaido. His connection to Nikaido was then severed when Nikaido went back in time to give herself Store's knife. The Nikaido from that timeline didnt die, she just ceased existing, but so, I suspect did demon Nikaido. Since she never technically died, just became unmade, I reckon that connection got severed too. The only conenction remaining was with the hole, but I think that connection got severed by the hole itself when the first head was lost. It no longer needed it so it just let it go.

All of this comes together to make Kaiman the only being in existence that is not and cannot be influenced by magic in any way. We know hes not a magic user or anything like that, but I dont think hes human either because unlike everyone except demons he can see store.

I think hes gonna survive, because hes no longer magically tied to anything, and therefore can live without causing a plot hole.

This theory probably has holes in it, so feel free to poke through it and show me where they are

Oh also En and family are still alive because En's magic armor on Nikaido wasnt turned back in to smoke, just turn apart by her.