Anyone else think Hishiro's personality is an accurate depiction of Asperger's?
For those who don't know, Asperger's is best described as a lack of empathy and while it is related to autism, can lack the same cognitive impairments associated with it. In other words, a person with Asperger's is generally awful at social skills but can be incredibly productive in some other field. Some notable people who are thought to have Aspergers include Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, Dan Aykroyd, Satoshi Tajiri , and Vernon L. Smith.
Ignore the artistic license where the character herself can resolve the issue simply by going through high school again, or having a potential love interest "teach" her how to socialize and focus on the symptoms and behavior please.
1. Socially awkward or unresponsive in most social situations
2. does not smile when happy, or laugh at a joke. may also respond in monotone; or use wrong facial expressions for the context.
3. misses social cues and body language, including sarcasm, anger, etc.
4. intense focus on herself and tends to focus on a single subject: grades, explanations, etc
5. keeps repeating the same movements or actions to solve a problem: always asks for explanations, often to frustration.
6. dislikes change. Can include eating the same thing every day: such as ramen
Edited by Belruel, 10 July 2016 - 11:39 PM.