Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

All Mousou Shiping stuff here please

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Here is a thread we can both argue shipping stuff, and argue whether its worth arguing shipping stuff. It really shouldn't be clogging up comments or chapter discussion thread.

It took me some time when first starting with the internet to even learn what this shipping thing was, I think its "relationship"ing where you match up characters in your imagination in a sexual romantic way  from a story, as though two alone on a ship. But it seems so irrational. I understand fixing up plot holes in your imagination, how could the story have gone if it wasn't for this stupid plot hole, or that. But that is super rarely done compared to shiping. It's the authors story, so the author decides the relationships, the end. If you want a story with X kind of romantic relationship, why not make your own characters for it? People so horney but limited imagination that they can't write their own independent stories? (fan fict, doesn't count, not independent)

There is also the possibility that this kind of story with it's one page chapters will never go anywhere. Like a comic from a newspaper, now it's established it's baseline, it may always come back to that status quo or any permanent changes will be very slow.

So regarding both boys, in Mousou both Toda and Shimiza are nice guys for Aya to start a romantic relationship with if she wants to. Yes Toda too. Toda has not once acted perversely with Aya, I mean even if he had, it could be a bit forgivable, depending on what we are talking about, but never has. It's all in his mind. He is still thoughtful for/of her, and also handsome, athletic, willing to work hard, smart, multi-talented, popular, nice to people in general. Of course Aya is excused by being weirded out by his thoughts, since apparently she can't control her mind reading of thoughts about her, just like Toda can't really control his fantasies, both shouldn't be faulted for their feelings.

Shimiza has sincerity/honesty and kindness going for him.  But he's too pushy .I don't fault Shimiza for this, just feels stuff too strongly and causes him to have lots of drive, once he gets better control of that drive, it would serve him well. But he is also rather insensitive to other peoples feelings, not very empathetic. And not a good match for Aya who too easily goes with the the flow and what other people want. So only if Aya can become much more assertive and and determine for herself that she likes Shimiza, do they make sense as a couple for Manas sake, otherwise she will essentially get run over by his will.. Toda seems very in tune with Ayas feelings by comparison, possibly part of why he has never told her his feelings (that and his reserved personality)

Also, maybe because Shimiza is newer, or maybe because he is so pushy she doesn't have room to consider, but Aya has never shown in her thoughts to romantically like Shimiza, but has shown slight romantic interest in Toda, and not just talking about page 306, like when she got lost in a crowd, it seems it really touched her how concerned and desperate Toda was for her well being.

Speaking of 305, going with the flow does mean not answering Shimiza on him asking her out. If she had said no, Shimiza might not handle it well, and we know Toda would be crushed and that absolutely would disrupt the group dynamic if Aya had said yes.For both boys sake, Aya really should carefully consider what she wants and eventually give both of them her answer, whether it be one of them, or neither of them. I mean if it were real, obviously not a issue in a comic that could simply go nowhere without consequence because the author says so.

And regarding a relationship between Aya and Mana,(I think some of the shiping discussion had that, but I didn't read most of it)  comic has never even implied anything. We know Mana isn't homosexual, she did have a strong flame going for Toda after all, and p306 implies that Aya isn't homosexual. One or both could be bisexual if the author decides it, but I really really doubt the author would. Author hasn't set any ground work at all for it for starters. And it seems most mangas with homosexual characters are about  homosexual relationships (or at least the mood for it) right off the bat. I can't recall one manga where a homosexual relationship was added to a different story latter on.

Edited by truepurple, 06 May 2017 - 09:02 PM.

The Final

The Final

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I ship main with no one. Dude1 is an introverted creep and Dude2 is a character-less dog that is as plain as his face. Girl is bestfriend1 as they live in a normal world where two people can be really good friends without necessarily having to turn everyone gay.

Mc will stay on the look out for Great GuyTM until 25, then start to compromise like everyone else that's left.

Spoiler

Edited by The Final, 07 May 2017 - 07:26 AM.

neorasp

neorasp

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts
I ship Toda with Nakano's mom. Fight me.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

@The Final Chapter 310 shows even more how BS your harsh judgment on Toda is, Shimiza is newer and less to go on, but nothing more than minor that reflects badly on him, you are too harsh on him too.