Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What is your ideal teacher !

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Mokata

Mokata

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Locationshin makoku
What is the ideal teacher!

Strict

Humorous

eccentric

traditional

wild or outdoors type

What is the best recipe!

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,463 posts
  • Locationin the tower!
Strick/Humorous of course not to strict.

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
someone who can explain what he is trying to teach us and he/she should be strict, so if some people aren´t paying attention and are disturbing the class, they would get punished.

tirazai

tirazai

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
Same with Laurens, humorous and not too strict. Overstrict teacher makes me annoyed sometime ;)
Posted Image

Insania.Fox

Insania.Fox

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
well if I can use an example from manga, just give me Onizuka!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and a girl version of onizuka would be hilarious too lol

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA
Someone who really cares about what they're teaching, who has a good deal of experience and can show the ins and outs of the subject. So tired of teachers with no experience and no idea what they're doing trying to shove irrelevant information down my throat.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”
-Einstein

Another good + is if they're funny and have an interesting viewpoint on things.

"This statement is not true."

Saphsin

Saphsin

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,599 posts
hmm I had a teacher in middle school that influenced me a lot. He taught math and philosophy as an elective. Witty, funny, social, and intelligent, he was more like a friend to many of the students there and people from high school would often come and visit him. He let me borrow books from him and taught me stuff after school.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Rupert

Rupert

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock
That depends on the class. If its calculus, you want a good teacher who knows their stuff and is willing to share, but if its those classes like engineering, depending on the class you my want a not strict at all teacher so you can spend engineering time reading batoto on the computers when you're done :)
Magikarp survives with 1hp due to the Focus Band and uses Flail. That's why.

SoundSpark

SoundSpark

Baked Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 1,190 posts
Strict/Humorous, strict enough to get after someone when they are doing something they should be doing and humorous enough to make the class some what enjoyable.

xizsec01

xizsec01

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
someone who know what students don't understand, why they don't understand and how to make them understand in a way that interesting.

d4rk

d4rk

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationIn a city hotter than hell.

someone who know what students don't understand, why they don't understand and how to make them understand in a way that interesting.

this and the ability to actually be funny.

Szae ::

Szae ::

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 879 posts
  • Locationcockpit.
Someone who can actually TEACH. Those kinds of teachers (can you still call them as such?) are rare these days.

Saphsin

Saphsin

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,599 posts

Someone who can actually TEACH. Those kinds of teachers (can you still call them as such?) are rare these days.

That's why teachers who work as part time professors/assistant professors are often the best.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

That's why teachers who work as part time professors/assistant professors are often the best.

Ah, I've been told that before.

"This statement is not true."

crysdgon88

crysdgon88

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
i like teachers who is humorous, charismatic and knows everything that can relate to the subject which make it fun.... so he doesn't need to be strict to control the class cuz ppl already attentive to the class to do other things.....

-----I'll be No. 2 but NONE will be No. 1-----

Posted Image

Caladbolg

Caladbolg

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationDimensional Rift
Kagami clone for me :batoto_010:

Youma

Youma

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,619 posts
  • Locationsoaring in the sky
all the best teachers i've known were people with vast knowledge, patience, and an ability to use humor and sound (but some times unexpected) arguments in situations where other teachers would only be strict and yell at their students

a teacher who is willing to (try to) answer any questions, even ones unrelated to the subject
a teacher who'll try to understand the students, and explain things in a way that the students can understand
a teacher who solves conflicts instead of making them worse
a teacher who can use small interesting anecdotes to make class more interesting, since it's tiring to only concentrate on only one topic for a long time

Милая моя, солнышко лесное,
Где, в каких кpаях
Встpетишься со мною?

#batotobar

死んじゃってくれ 頼む 死んじゃってくれ

Issac

Issac

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationGermany
If I think of it I had maybe 3 really great teacher in my school life:

1. An quite old teacher (63 i think or something around that age) I had him in hystory,religion/ethic, Politics and geography !
So I saw him about every day^^ for 3years, and to tell the truth he almost never taught the subjekt we had in that lesson , it was more about learning to be a free human being or he combined everything so it was all multidisciplinary in a way.
He always said "You´re a free human being" so to learn or not to was in a way our personal decision , still almost everyone liked him and you could really dicuss everything with him .
The only teacher I would say, who really influenced my personality.

2.Maybe the best "teacher!" I had in my life , my physiks teacher , maybe the most intelligent man I ever met.
I was in physiks in the edvanced course and he could explain the general theory of relativity in a way I never thought someone could ... really an impressive man .
And he was the really "dreamteacher" , since he really had fun teaching and if we did some experiments you could really see him smile and being delighted, also he could answer almost every question.
That was the point because you saw he had really fun teching us we had fun being taught ; )

3. And last but not least my chemistry teacher ... in a way a bad teacher, but for me and someothers (those who really wanted to do and learn something) the best one.
Everyone who chosse his course did at least get 5 points (5 points the minimum needed to pass the course, so noone failed because of him) , still he did not teach anything if you showed no interest...but his tests were alway very hard so you had to understand the stuff for real.
But if you showed interrest he did the coolest things like chemical cooking and stuff. In the end we were only 9 (from something around 30) persones left in the course but did something amazing every lesson, just to understand chemistry in a better way ( most of the time it tastes quite good as well [pizza etc...])
And if we did it and he started teaching, it was absolutly brilliant , it was just he had give up teaching for real, I heard that he had won a prize as one of the best teachers in the country in the past so if he wanted to do it, it was AMAZING !!

So what should I say there is no real way for a teacher to be good , I think a teacher can be good for some and for the rest they may just be average ...

Ps: Sry for mistakes and maybe strange grammar, I´m from germany if you wonder^^
AND wohoo my first post on batoto=)

Edited by Issac, 13 June 2012 - 06:18 PM.

darkspark

darkspark

Potato

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow
my ideal teacher is a teacher that knows what their talking about, is funny and interesting, and doesn't assume that we are idiots and themselves omniscience.

UglyFingers

UglyFingers

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
to me, a good teacher:

1. likes to teach
2. able to dissect complicatedness and present to the class in a simple, understandable, yet wholesome way
3. likes students
4. splash of humor
5. likes students
6. understanding (sht happens.... many teachers dont giv a sht about the sht u encounter in life)
7. likes interaction (answers an unrelated question without giving a vague answer which leaves the student confused)
8. Jesus (nobody has seen this guy in thousands years yet ppl still talk about his teachings. wat does that tell u about the kind of teacher he is?)
9. ability to break the walls of confusion and pierce the heavens to lead the brigade... err class... into a bright future
10. actually know wat they are talking about
11. likes to teach
12. does not get mad when students point out mistakes
13. superpowers are always a +
14. ability to talk about tedious subjects without losing anyone
15. G.T. Onizuka (this guy is fictional yet he has taught me more than most of my teachers)
16. likes to teach'
17. reliable (in the event of a zombie apocalypse, can u trust with ur life?)
18. does not try to cover up a fart with a cough (in my life 7 teachers have tried to do this but failed)
19. enjoys life
20. a natural leader that can lead the class without using Machiavelli's methods or at least without the class noticing
21. likes to teach
22. understands people's different hobbies and encourages them (i.e. knitting, fakku, cooking, music etc)
23. can keep secrets
24. able to give advice
25. is a capable lightbearer that does not cause sqd death that results in failure of a mission
26. fully equipped before starting class
27. likes to teach
28. does not try to cover up a fart with a sneeze (very different from a cough, sneeze is more effective yet brings more attention to yourself) and fail
29. can keep students interested without too much chest (cleavage, nips tips) exposure
30. likes to teach

Edited by UglyFingers, 13 June 2012 - 10:36 PM.