Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Who is female titan?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Who is female titan? (110 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is female titan?

1. Annie Leonhardt (84 votes [76.36%])

Percentage of vote: 76.36%

2. Eren mom (4 votes [3.64%])

Percentage of vote: 3.64%

3. Someone completely new (22 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Kroll

Kroll

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 282 posts
We will probably get answer to this question in a few chapters from now on.
But before that post your theories.

I think that female titan is Annie Leonhardt as she is only one that didn’t join scouting legion. She is good at fighting and she is blonde.

Edited by Kroll, 11 March 2012 - 05:23 AM.

Mokata

Mokata

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Locationshin makoku
obviously it's his mom. That way she didn't kill his friends or eren. Also if the same thing happen to her as eren. she probbally got stuck outside the wall. There is plently extrax gear in storage or the died.

Mild Fracas

Mild Fracas

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationThe Disco
It's definitely Annie. The facial features are somewhat similar(to me) and she is a better fighter than Eren. Her behavior(a handful of small specific events) can be explained easily if the titan knew Eren and the others in the graduating class. It just makes the most sense if the titan is Annie.

No way is it the mom. Her whole torso was crushed in the grip of the titan who ate her. Titans don't keep the humans they eat either. After they eat enough to fill their stomach they throw all the bodies up and then they go after some new ones. Don't forget that Eren's mom doesn't have blonde hair either.

Eren's titan transformation was only possible after his father injected him with something. He had no reason whatsoever to inject anyone with that stuff before the titans showed up, and when they did show up she was eaten while the father was in another district on business so it was too late.

Lastly, Eren's mom was never a part of the military and thus never had any training with the 3D-maneuvering gear. She could not have even moved around using it, let alone killed Gunther.

Ralan

Ralan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
hmmm
could the colossal titan actually be his dad?

think about it
that thing must be human, and his dad wasn't around when it attacked, it could be possible
heck maybe the armored one was his dad
though i would love to see how the human giants explain why they are making humans extinct, i would so love to see them justify that
god i think the main character might at one point became as big as the colossal

on and the female titan
it might be her, in fact it is highly possible, what legion did she join again?

i thought it could be someone else, maybe from outside the city, but it had to military training to use the gear with that skill,

could giants actually be humans with that ability, but alot of them have lost control and just became simple minded beasts?

still would love to see them justify killing humans

Edited by ralan, 13 January 2012 - 07:50 PM.

kdom

kdom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 366 posts
Is that tears that we see in the latest chapter (30). I wonder if she is related to Eren somehow, probably someone very close but his mom wouldn't make much sense.

Edited by kdom, 10 February 2012 - 09:52 AM.

Fizanko

Fizanko

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
It can't be Eren mom, in chapter 2, she was in that order :
-killed by the Titan grip after he took her from the crumbled house
-eaten (as being cut in parts by the Titan's teeth), not swallowed/captured

And if Eren transformation is of any hint, it seems those hybrid Humans/Titans retain the hair color of the Human version, and Eren's mom hairs where dark like Eren.

Whoever she is, she seems to be someone that cared for Eren and Armin, but none else as everyone else she was willing to kill without any mercy.

hakki90

hakki90

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
i dont think she cried too . i mean her eyes got kicked surely theres gonna be some water flowing down.

pshhk

pshhk

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
Well, I don't know about the girl, but I have to think I know one of who was involved in this big ol' conspiracy.
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/19636/shingeki-no-kyojin_v4_by_gantz-waitingroom/178
That kid Marco, that Jean finds -- he wasn't wearing any normal gear when he died, even as part of the militia, so I can't help but think he was part of them.
The lack of armour being a disguise as a normal civilian, while he was off as a male titan. He eventually dies, but his death has a mysterious aura that makes me suspect him.
And there's the suspicious amount of attention that comes with him, beyond the whole meaningless death theme.
Dunno, but Marco Bodt. He's suspect.

Sushi

Sushi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
The female titan is Christa Renz.

aznxwuy

aznxwuy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
It could be Christa . I mean she completely disappeared during the forest operation.

But my bets going be on Annie.

1) She blonde.
2) She has military training and there's that kick she has.
3) There is a conspiracy around that there are people that want to tear down the wall and the Police Faction could be a part of it. It also the faction Annie joined.
4) Re-reading Vol 4, I think Annie might had feelings for Eren. This could explain the tears in ch.30.

Mokata

Mokata

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Locationshin makoku
Christa
I support this guess now

DaburuO

DaburuO

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUS
Well latest chapter fully supports Annie as the female giant, ugh want to know what happens next..

blindbox

blindbox

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
Current chapter just revealed who. When you guys suggested it on the votes then it finally dawned to me. She's after all the only one from OUTSIDE.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
so Annie was the giant, could it be that the people that are hiding are also giants?
and what does the ring do?

lostsage

lostsage

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

so Annie was the giant, could it be that the people that are hiding are also giants?
and what does the ring do?

Help her control her giant form is my guess, since she used giant mode way better than Eren

Enzo Matrix

Enzo Matrix

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 2 posts
maybe their is a group in the government that worship the wall like the guy in the new chapter, maybe they will explain how erens dad came up with the formula later.

realtalkallday

realtalkallday

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
Okay we know who now, now for the why? From what I've read so far i still don't know her motives, does anyone else have some theories as to why?

Mild Fracas

Mild Fracas

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationThe Disco
Hah! I totally called that shit.

Anyways.

As to her motives... we have almost nothing to go on regarding her motives. We lack too much info at this point to . All we know for sure is this:
  • Annie is confirmed to be the female titan.
  • She went to capture Eren even if she had to slaughter half of the expeditionary forces to do so.
  • She was hesitant to kill her former friends/comrades from boot camp.
  • She killed the titans who were captured during the battle at Trost.
  • She took Marco's 3DMG from his dead body after the battle to avoid having her own gear be inspected and thus exposing the fact that it had been used very recently.
I think that Annie hates the fact that she can turn into a titan. She seems to be lamenting a lot of the time, like when she said her father forced her to learn his style of hand-to-hand combat. I feel that she wants to live a life in obscurity - to not stand out, to be "normal", since being able to transform into a titan is a rather large Red Flag. Thus she always seems to do things half-assed, never gets excited about anything, doesn't like to have people pay attention to her. This probably goes against her true self, so she can't always resist people like Eren who tries to live true to himself and does what he believes in, nor can she not stick out much of the time because she tries too hard not to be noticed. Because she resents her titan powers she suppresses her urge to be a part of of the group, or to be too friendly with others. She has accepted her fate as someone who can use titan powers and all that entails, but it's definitely something that was forced on her. I smell a flashback coming on!

Even though I believe guessing is mostly futile at this point, I'm gonna give it a go anyways.

First off, Annie was under orders. The chances of her acting entirely alone are practically zero. She is almost certainly involved with a group of people who can turn into titans like Eran(e.g. the Colossal Titan and the Armored Titan).

Secondly, I believe their are 2 possibilities as to why Annie was picked to go after Eren and not another titan. The first is that she was selected as the best or most fitting for the task of retrieving Eren. This could be due to any number of factors such as her specific abilities as a titan, her being the only one of them who knows what he looks like, etc. etc. The second possibility is that this mission was a test for Annie. Perhaps a rite of passage or something similar. By completing this mission, she would be initiated formally into their little group. What she says here lead me to think of this possibility.

Spoiler

Based on some more comments on the pages before this one I think it's probably safe to say that the human-titans are using the underground city as a hideout or base of operations. Since she failed her "initiation" mission, she is not allowed into their main base, thus possibly explaining the reason she cannot go with them. She does not want for them to go there either(as it's probably suicide) but she can't tell them why without admitting she is one of them or giving away the location of their base.

I also believe that ring she has is important as well. It may allow her to keep herself fully lucid when she transforms. There are some other possibilities as well. Then again, it may do nothing at all and just be some sentimental item. I'll bet you all ten bucks that we'll be able to figure out what it does(if anything) in the next chapter. ;)

That's about as much as I can theorize. Anything other than that is a 100% stab in the dark.

Sorry for the wall o' text. I'm sure most people won't bother reading it, but i felt like getting it out there regardless.

To those of you who DID read it, what do you think?

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

Based on some more comments on the pages before this one I think it's probably safe to say that the human-titans are using the underground city as a hideout or base of operations. Since she failed her "initiation" mission, she is not allowed into their main base, thus possibly explaining the reason she cannot go with them. She does not want for them to go there either(as it's probably suicide) but she can't tell them why without admitting she is one of them or giving away the location of their base.

I thought she didn´t want to go in the underground city because she wouldn´t be able to transfor into a titan there because of the high of the ceiling ...

and I am sure she is working with an organization, I mean how else would she be able to transform and why would she be against the human and hunt Eren?

Lumino

Lumino

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I think she refuses to go underground with the others as she would be unable to transform (as the above post stated). The scouting legion suspected Annie was the female giant (Armin noticed Annie had Marco's 3DMG), and created the situation where Eren needed to be guarded from something(the job given to the police).
This results in Armin asking for Annie's help in Eren's escape, but this is all set up. Armin, Mikasa and Eren "escape" with Annie up to the entrance of the underground. However, Annie realises how they did not see anyone along the way, arousing her suspicions. Then, we see the scouting legion in hiding around the underground entrance, ready to attack Annie if she is in fact the giant. Annie decides not to go with them and discusses the details behind Marco's 3DMG, Armin's survival etc, confirming her identity as the female giant.

So a set up to reveal whether Annie was actually the female giant.

Edited by Lumino, 11 March 2012 - 02:21 AM.