Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

When the manga will end?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Bakuman's end (107 member(s) have cast votes)

When the Bakuman manga will end?

1. After the marriage with Azuki (23 votes [21.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.50%

2. After they 'll win the top slot in Jump(flag series) (7 votes [6.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.54%

3. After the marriage andthe win of Ashirogi against their rivals (65 votes [60.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.75%

4. I don't know (12 votes [11.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote

mimamotte

mimamotte

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
@Icealeena I didn't start an argument on purpose and then leave it, but the title of this thread is too negative, so I'm avoiding it after making my points.
What I'm saying is, although Romance is the driving force of this manga but it's still an sub-genre. That's why I don't believe Bakuman will end right after the marriage takes place.

@Saphsin Pardon me for using "lol", but this slang is way too common and I tends to use it very often. lol
But I need to point out that being conclusive doesn't mean the majority of audiences can accept it, because it is hard to appease everyone with an ending that the Mangaka feels is the right one. Unless the title of the said manga have an clear indication of how it will end in the first place, but "Bakuman" doesn't have any clear meanings.

Well...I also have my doubt about those genres labeled on the tag, it felt as if the scanlator themselves put it up on their own without any references. Seriously, if this thread isn't about "end" I wouldn't mind debating further...

Yak

Yak

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationPortland
I'm not sure if anyone said it yet, but isn't Bakuman planning to end in may/june? That's pretty soon to beat Nijuma.... I'm guessing they'll continue the rivalry even after the manga ends, since they build off each other for their "power-ups."

Edited by Yakkul, 13 April 2012 - 05:29 AM.

Posted Image

oa \ mm \ mouse \ maigo \ mal

Ouroboros

Ouroboros

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
This was made by the same author and artist as deathnote. Ohba and Obata. Obata has made many,many series. He doesn't really get stuck in a series for a long time. I like him being able to show off his versatility through different series. This probably always keeps things fresh and fun for him as well. I could definitely see them end it after the wedding

YanYan

YanYan

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Locationunder you
The latest chapter doesn't seem to be hinting at an ending anymore... but I guess we'll have to see.

We shouldn't be predicting the ending anyway, just enjoy the ride (:

hi. nice to meet you.

___

profile | blog | tumblr

Saphsin

Saphsin

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,599 posts

@Saphsin Pardon me for using "lol", but this slang is way too common and I tends to use it very often. lol
But I need to point out that being conclusive doesn't mean the majority of audiences can accept it, because it is hard to appease everyone with an ending that the Mangaka feels is the right one.

Well we can really define what it means to be conclusive by resemblance. Ending conclusively doesn't necessarily mean it has to have a satisfying ending, nor does the author necessarily have to answer all questions that the reader might have. "a recent example is how Negima ended." For instance, there's an obvious difference of how series like Hikaru no Go and others like Eyeshield21 and Bakuman ended. I would say an open ending is one that doesn't cover most the conflicts involved in the plot, a case in which the series has the obvious potential to be even better if the manga had a few more arcs. (Double Arts and Slam Dunk?)

Unless the title of the said manga have an clear indication of how it will end in the first place, but "Bakuman" doesn't have any clear meanings.

You know, if I were to write a manga, I would obsess over the title but the history of manga shows it's not really all that important. "Bleach" is another title that doesn't have a clear meaning for the series but the author has a simple explanation for why he put that as the title.....and no worries about it. Same for the title of Bakuman I suppose.

Well...I also have my doubt about those genres labeled on the tag, it felt as if the scanlator themselves put it up on their own without any references. Seriously, if this thread isn't about "end" I wouldn't mind debating further...

I don't think it's the case where the scanlators don't reference the correct material, I just think the exact meaning of slice-of-life hasn't really been taken over the top.

Edited by Saphsin, 16 April 2012 - 12:00 AM.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

wintercry

wintercry

Potato

• Contributor
  • 169 posts
Bakuman ended in this week's issue.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
yep, like wintercry said. now I want to know if they revealed why its called Bakuman or not.

wintercry

wintercry

Potato

• Contributor
  • 169 posts
It was already mentioned in tankobon #2.

The title of this manga is Bakuman.

It means bakuhatsu (explosion),

bakuchi (gamble) and baku (an animal

that supposedly eats dreams)...

It has many meanings to it, and I

think it's a very fun title.

-Takeshi Obata

Edited by wintercry, 19 April 2012 - 06:57 AM.

VexV2

VexV2

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
another great series finally ended, looking forward for their next works

Chilli_kun

Chilli_kun

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
It`s over Chapter 176 is the final :X
Good End to an awesome manga.. *sad*

Veldimburg

Veldimburg

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
It's funny when you think that since they were never with each other until now, they might divorce in some years or sooner.

That's why I wanted a 10 years after too but... Eh, I don't care that much, just wanted to see the new ideas of manga Shujin would have.

mecreddie

mecreddie

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
i can't belive it yet... i didn't expected this, not at all...
i start wondering now if it's only a coincidence that they just win the clash with the editorial department and were able to end reversi when and how they wanted... maybe it's a way to make bakuman readers understand why they finished it now, even thou they could have gone on and on...!

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 433 posts
Perhaps we'll get an omake or epilogue in the volume release.
tumblr: A Liar Lies

alfredbars

alfredbars

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
dunno but for an ending is good... finnally they get married and in the mind of the readers the battle for nº1 in jump will continue... it`s a sort of open end, but it`s a really good way to end this really liked it

ndanix

ndanix

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
Yeah. Just like when the people saw the ending of Reversi. I would have liked if it continued, but with this ending, I can accept it.

I'll miss Bakuman. I really hope we get another good series from these authors some years from now.

On a side topic, maybe the thing with Reversi was also how they felt about Death Note. Y'know, it did have a second part, but it didn't feel as good as the first part, so maybe they wanted to end it right there, but they couldn't...
  • Ivy likes this
Whatever you may be saying... you're wrong.

wintercry

wintercry

Potato

• Contributor
  • 169 posts

Perhaps we'll get an omake or epilogue in the volume release.

Remember the Death Note 3 years later oneshot? We might get one for Bakuman in 2013.

Edited by wintercry, 20 April 2012 - 04:31 AM.