Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

A new site! Batoto!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 3,699 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
Hello & welcome to our humble domain of Batoto.

What is Batoto?

Batoto is a site that plans to grow into an aggregate for eastern comics mostly Korean, Japanese and Chinese.

Now, you've probably seen a lot of these before, from MangaFox, MangaReader, MangaToshokan and such. What's different? What's the point of yet another? With Batoto, we plan to bring a completely new way of creating a manga community. Sites mentioned above all run on a single principle - the uploaded comics bring in traffic, and thus ad-revenue is earned. The problem, however, is that the ones who put the effort to bring such mangas to the rest of the world is not able to see a cent of that earning. Translating groups, on the other hand, at times, require donations to keep running else fail to pay the bills of hosting, and other various purchases to keep it going.

So, here is the proposal: For all those who opt-in, they will receive 100% of the ad revenue. That's right, 100%.

How does this differ from just hosting it on their own websites with ads? Aggregate sites in general earn far more traffic than any single scanlator's website. Thus, the benefit increases.

Opt-in vs Opt-out

To opt-in for the advertising revenue, the group must register their Google Adsense account with us. You must also prove that the work is of your own or that you are a representative of the party.

To opt-out, no action is required. We will be just like any other manga readers.

*Note: Opt-in is not yet available as until the site is getting 100k+ page views/day, this cannot be implemented (restrictions from the advertiser). So, please be patient.

Until we can be approved for google adsense api, we'll be using plain google ad posting with your publisher ID. There won't be much difference (hopefully).

Scanlator's Policies

We will try to uphold all scanlator policies to the best of our abilities. Should some submissions fail to abide the requirements of the scanlator, please report to us and we will try to solve it asap.

Haruki

Haruki

Fried Potato

• The Company
  • 693 posts
  • LocationKorea
well needless to say that i'm confused O_O but cograts to us for the new site~

am i allowed to comment here? many loves for Batoto and TheCompany~ <3
Posted Image

Guo-Jia

Guo-Jia

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationWhere? Where?? Where?!
Huh, it sounds like someone got a really good bussiness idea... The whole place is simply screaming of internet entrepreneurship (did I spell it right <_< ?), what's with the fancy wallpaper and facebook-ish looks. But nevermind, let's see how it works. There's a fancy word for this, 'innovation' I think it is, and I like that :).
*Howl!* *Howl!* *Howl!*

TheGodfather

TheGodfather

Batoto Chief Mafioso

• The Company (inactive)
  • 480 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Let's make some money.
Grumpy, how's the money payed out? Paypal? Sexual favors?
Spoiler

i fucking love fembot for hustling on GB with Kareia and Kento <333333

mfkevinking

mfkevinking

Fried Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 582 posts
  • LocationMiddle of The Country

Let's make some money.
Grumpy, how's the money payed out? Paypal? Sexual favors?

See here: http://www.batoto.co...18-paypal-info/

Edit by Grumpy: Google will deposit directly to bank account.

Posted Image
Proud Ubuntu user since May 2010.

shin

shin

Fingerling Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 98 posts
  • Locationmoe land
well...count me in..group wise i mean...

if you need to increase traffic let me know..though the reader should be completely functional first >.>

Edited by shin, 23 January 2011 - 08:08 AM.

Posted Image

GwhoisJ

GwhoisJ

Fingerling Potato

• tC Donator
  • 75 posts
  • LocationThe College of William & Mary
good job with the site!!!! it looks pretty. also is nice to know that our donations aren't the only things of monetary value that you guys get :).

Infinity can not be fully realized because it is something without bound, but everything we know is finite, has boundaries, ends, and we can measure that. For example, although we can conclude through logical and mathematical extrapolation that magnetic fields extend to infinity we have no way to measure that they in fact do.

Chido

Chido

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
Looking good, Grumpy. I wonder if I can work here too. ;)
Posted Image

Sulin

Sulin

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
Congrats on the site. Its nice to see an online reader that gives back to the people who work so hard to make the manga available outside its original country. Thanks!

fathskie

fathskie

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGMT +7
Congrats!! Is there any special reasons behind the brand "batoto" ? =D And how do you advertise, if I may ask? I found this from downloading ToG but I haven't see other advertise of this site =P

(in a completely unrelated rant: my subconscious typed "batato" i/o batoto more than a few times, the name took time to register! I imagine batato .(om owner found significant hit increase on their site lately,, ahaha)
Posted Image