Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

MangaFox,MangaHere,MangaPirate

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic

Ulquiorra

Ulquiorra

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 214 posts
  • LocationUrAnus.
Something i currently(TODAY) found out, is that MF/MH created another website called "MangaPirate".
They're ripping OUR releases, and projects we do.(Example: TSSB Reboot (Transfer Student Storm Bringer Reboot).

Those assholes are stealing releases, from EGS(Easy Going Scans) and Japanzai, for their own benefit, and even WATERMARK our fucking recruitment pages.
Not to mention they STEAL Translations from released chapters already.

Example: hxx p://onlinereader.mangapirate.net/Transfer%20Student%20Storm%20Bringer%20Reboot/4/19
Those fuckers actually did that to the recruitment page i fucking made...

PISSED OFF SCANLATORRRRR :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Weaper

Weaper

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 241 posts
Nothing new

Sadly...

Posted Image

Sun-Ken RockGunnmMemories of Enamon

Spoiler

Anju

Anju

Potato

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNot In Canada
At least they are being honest about there sites xD
they are 'pirating'

Posted Image

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,716 posts
That's sad to hear, and it also means that their plan to generate traffic for their site, by hijacking popular comics, worked.

Ulquiorra

Ulquiorra

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 214 posts
  • LocationUrAnus.

That's sad to hear, and it also means that their plan to generate traffic for their site, by hijacking popular comics, worked.

yeah, i can't believe they're actually doing this..
Not to mention bots are ripping off Batoto.

Grumpy has to fix that, with a few other brainiacs.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Shinmaru

Shinmaru

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
It would be great if there was a way to "draw" the image in a completely different format, that could not be taken, I have learned that you can't stop pirating, but you can hinder it...badly.

I would be great to compile Images in a binary type file that can only be interpreted by a custom program that would render the images on a page.

Earl Lagas

Earl Lagas

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationAsia
hmm... they rip mangas from other sites and translate/scanlate some of them at the same time...
unless they've stolen someone's translation
just read their God of High School ch 65, 6 hours ago
but in lower quality compare to the original from naver

Edited by Earl Lagas, 26 July 2012 - 05:04 AM.

Sieg

Sieg

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • LocationŠumeru.
So, they steal things? Just like scanlators. Interesting.

DM Flash™

DM Flash™

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,324 posts
  • LocationRole Playing

someone, somewhere, somehow will have to make up a new invention to crush this if not stop it all together im afraid
Follow the Music King's Twitter: @SirFlash_504

Music King's Soundcloud: 

Music King's Reverb: 

Music King's EP Album: 
Spoiler
https://sirflash.bandcamp.com/album/caught-you-off-guard-ep

p4dJLo8.gif

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

you never disappoint....

you could be the trolling brother of PROzess (if he has a brother)

Something i currently(TODAY) found out, is that MF/MH created another website called "MangaPirate".

are you sure that the same person/company that started MangaPirate also are the creators of MF/MH?

Edited by hero, 26 July 2012 - 12:17 PM.

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 900 posts
  • Locationgo figure
They are not , the person running MP is the translator for the breaker new waves that worked for mangainn's groups.
Spoiler

Passerby

Passerby

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

Another fool that bites the hand that feeds it.

Sieg

Sieg

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • LocationŠumeru.

Another fool that bites the hand that feeds it.

Just because I think it's stupid to complain about theft, when they themselves are stealing, doesnt mean I'm not thankful for being able to read the stolen items.

Passerby

Passerby

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
Yeah well, I think you've got the idea of theft mixed up here, though - like how scanlators are profiting from this 'stealing', other than maybe getting some appreciation from fans who get to read the stuff that they wouldn't be able to do so otherwise - and most of the scanlated stuff being not licensed or nor ever likely to be, it's not like these scans are eating into the author's future income. It's different from what these Mangafox and pirate are doing, is it? They are doing it blatantly for money, and them releasing inferior but speedier versions of popular, established projects that are already being released regularly by other groups just shows that they are glory hunting & out to make quick buck with cheap but fast releases, with obvious disregard for quality. One is doing it to share things with other fans in return for some words of gratitude or little donation at best, while the other is unscrupulous about taking other people's hard work and/or releasing speedy translations just to earn some more hits (not to mention that they're actually deriving big, unathorised income from all this, unlike scanlators).

You ought to distinguish the two - if not for these scanlators, you'd just be stuck with a bunch of aggregator sites releasing a small number of inaccurately translated and poorly edited manga - but beggars can't be choosers, eh?

Sorry if my first post seemed a bit sharp to you, but it always frustrates me to see a comment like yours - "they are all stealing, so what's the difference?" - when there are clearly differences, especially in the amount of effort put in and the intention.

Edited by Passerby, 27 July 2012 - 12:47 AM.

Weaper

Weaper

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 241 posts
I totally aggree with passerby. What's the difference about mangapirate when looking at the other aggregators, is that they mainly do populat webtoons/manwha. it means that they don't even need to buy the raw nor "edit" it like those fast and crappy aggregator's team do.

nothing spent, no work aside from crappy translation, full income.

Posted Image

Sun-Ken RockGunnmMemories of Enamon

Spoiler

thearux

thearux

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationUruguay
Both are stealing in the end, be it translator or MF, the fact that one does it worst than the other is still there though, and I totally agree with the stealing from the Translators, no one here can say that its not stealing when in the end it is, nevertheless its less worse than what MF or other pages does, and I still support these translator stolen acts, since its the only way to read, its not like they are doing blatantly for money, I doubt that someone would translate a manga that its available for most of the countries either way, the objectives are different, and putting MF together with scanlation groups is being quite ignorant.

Sieg

Sieg

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • LocationŠumeru.

Yeah well, I think you've got the idea of theft mixed up here, though - like how scanlators are profiting from this 'stealing', other than maybe getting some appreciation from fans who get to read the stuff that they wouldn't be able to do so otherwise - and most of the scanlated stuff being not licensed or nor ever likely to be, it's not like these scans are eating into the author's future income. It's different from what these Mangafox and pirate are doing, is it? They are doing it blatantly for money, and them releasing inferior but speedier versions of popular, established projects that are already being released regularly by other groups just shows that they are glory hunting & out to make quick buck with cheap but fast releases, with obvious disregard for quality. One is doing it to share things with other fans in return for some words of gratitude or little donation at best, while the other is unscrupulous about taking other people's hard work and/or releasing speedy translations just to earn some more hits (not to mention that they're actually deriving big, unathorised income from all this, unlike scanlators).

You ought to distinguish the two - if not for these scanlators, you'd just be stuck with a bunch of aggregator sites releasing a small number of inaccurately translated and poorly edited manga - but beggars can't be choosers, eh?

Sorry if my first post seemed a bit sharp to you, but it always frustrates me to see a comment like yours - "they are all stealing, so what's the difference?" - when there are clearly differences, especially in the amount of effort put in and the intention.

There's no difference. Your post is complete nonsense.

Fembot

Fembot

Global Moderator

• The Company
  • 1,045 posts
Removed the last two posts--both were off-topic and blatant flaming/insulting.

Please, do not turn this thread into a flame war. If you have differing opinions on the subject matter, discuss/debate them in a civil manner without resorting to flaming or insulting others.

Sieg

Sieg

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • LocationŠumeru.
I wasn't insulting! I just said that the whole resorting to calling me names thingy was uncalled for. ;_;

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,372 posts
  • LocationLost in the Echo
Sadly, I don't think there is much that could be done about it, save for locking the site, and that's something that none of us here wants to see happen. I don't know of a whole lot of programs that would prevent the theft of any of the scanalator's works, and even if you report the other site, they can still create another and continue where they left off. It's a sad never ending cycle.

Drifting_zpsa9e8ac08.jpg

Don't know the rules of the site? You can find them Here.
Need staff help? You can go to Staff Support.
Need site help? You can go to Batoto Support.
You can use the Report button if you find anything that is in violation of the Site Rules.
If all else fails you can feel free to send me a PM.