Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Random thoughts/SHOUT SOMETHING RANDOM!!!

• Please log in to reply
474118 replies to this topic

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Locationw

You are absolutely correct on the etymology though. I originally chose the name because of the multiple meanings the word can take on. Muni(cipial Transportation) is indeed one of those meanings. See if you can find them all~

Interesting, the only one I knew was the Hindi word 'muni', which means a wise/learned person or a sage -- in fact I thought that's where your name came from.

That said, if you would like to talk academia with me, my specialization is lifespan development. Beyond that, I would like to believe that I try to maintain a good balance in what I learn. It's amazing how difficult it can be to be a Renaissance man in the modern era (perhaps because of the inundation of information, or perhaps because of the relative scarcity of meaningful information), so being the not very motivated person that I am, I've contented myself with being a Byzantine man at best. :3 I am in many ways wholly ignorant, but poke me if you ever need some slight entertainment.

Ah, I see. I don't seem to know anything about lifespan development. And thanks, I guess it'd be nice to have some life infused into the dying forums.

All hail diabetes.

X2YKz3i.png?2QeZ1MfS.png?4XS1FXyW.png?1

Muni

Muni

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationExactly where you don't need me to be at the present moment.

Interesting, the only one I knew was the Hindi word 'muni', which means a wise/learned person or a sage -- in fact I thought that's where your name came from.

Ah, I see. I don't seem to know anything about lifespan development. And thanks, I guess it'd be nice to have some life infused into the dying forums.

Ding Ding~ That's another one down. I reckon there's two more definitions that I had in mind when I took the name, though I'm sure there are more. I've not come up with a prize yet for finding them all, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

And I'm not sure it's so important for me (or anyone) to infuse life into a dying forum. Rather, I think I'll have done my job if I give you the slightest inclination of "that's interesting" or "I want to respond". You're the important one after all. If I can satisfy you, than the conversation can continue. And if the conversation continues, "life" will follow with more natural grace than I could ever hope to achieve by focusing on "life" in and of itself. 

Edited by Muni, Yesterday, 08:38 AM.

I'd like to think of myself as the least impressive kind of god. Not omnipotent, omnipresent, or omniscient. Arrogant (as people with god complexes generally tend towards), self-serving (as many gods can be), and flawed (as people inherently are). If you follow me, expect magic tricks, not miracles. But hey, I don't ask for much. Put your faith in me, and I'll put my faith in you, Talk to me (and I've heard more important gods are much pickier about doing this) and I'll talk right back to you. So what do you say? Wanna be a prophet?

Spoiler

Argomundo

Argomundo

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 574 posts
  • LocationGermany

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

You's Waifu

• Members
  • 3,560 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

I reckon there's two more definitions that I had in mind when I took the name, though I'm sure there are more.

Munimunimunimunimunimuni

Mod-in-Disguise

Posted Image

Я схожу с ума, мне мало-мало-мало
Мне мало-мало-мало тебя

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Feishy Bit Moar

Feishy Bit Moar

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
Car accident
Visit

Kokai

Kokai

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, nowhere, somewhere and anywhere.

Sometimes I read E-Mails university students send and I just think: how the hell did they ever get into a high school, let alone university?

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

You's Waifu

• Members
  • 3,560 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

how the hell did they ever get into a high school

not a hard thing to do when teh education is obligatory and teachers dun want X years older kids hanging around and giving a bad example

---
fiance tells fiancee after the wedding's been planned and everything that he used to be gay in the previous season - fiancee panics "omg you slept with a man" and runs away

Mod-in-Disguise

Posted Image

Мне мало-мало-мало тебя

You <3

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Feishy Bit Moar

Feishy Bit Moar

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts

The original purpose for public education here in the states was to push the kids of peasants/farmers into factories. It was basically the industrial-merchant class pushing the cost of training on to the general public, for their own benefit. But on the plus side, it did increase the literacy of the general public.

Kokai

Kokai

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 577 posts

not a hard thing to do when teh education is obligatory and teachers dun want X years older kids hanging around and giving a bad example

These kids are so dependent, it's a disgrace. Exactly as intended I reckon.

The original purpose for public education here in the states was to push the kids of peasants/farmers into factories. It was basically the industrial-merchant class pushing the cost of training on to the general public, for their own benefit. But on the plus side, it did increase the literacy of the general public.

Too bad the US educational system never got over that stage. :x

You

You

Savage Potato

• Members
  • 3,245 posts
  • LocationPoiii
Holy molar

tumblr_mr1lrjnfXa1sv98gio1_500.gif

Feishy Bit Moar

Feishy Bit Moar

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts

I think the US has gone past the industrial stage and has gone to the post-industrialization stage. As a result, you have seen a gradual decline in the quality of public education. You also see the pell grant (college subsidy) falling from what used to be 40% of the public education budget drop steadily to a single digit percentages. At the same time, elitist opinions expressed in the Economists, Wall Street Journal are asking whether a college education is even necessary. 

Public education in the US was best when the US couldn't recruit enough talents from the private colleges. That was in the first and second world wars, and competition with soviet union especially during the space age. After the collapse of USSR we've entered times of regressive socially mobility.

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

You's Waifu

• Members
  • 3,560 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

These kids are so dependent, it's a disgrace. Exactly as intended I reckon.

oh, if it's about that then someone has to cheerfully buy/use/consume/trust all these unnecessary products that advertisements try to convince you to get o:

coincidentally I had a conversation about the lack of any common sense classes in schools the other day

Mod-in-Disguise

Posted Image

Мне мало-мало-мало тебя

You <3

bonhart

bonhart

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationPlanet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous.

Natureboy

Natureboy

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,046 posts
  • Locationdeep in the forest

Some regional cultures (such as central Arkansas) have placed such a value on not 'showing off' knowledge, that it's a pain in the ass to figure out what the students already know. The guys, especially, won't tell you. Small group teaching becomes kind of a nightmare of trying to figure out who you've lost, who's actually bored, and who's just acting bored to be cool.

Anyway, I wouldn't assume that college students actually show their chops in e-mail. On the contrary, they may be in the habit of sounding stupid/ignorant in order to be accepted.

I dreamt of reading about a scientific experiment where scientists discovered a phenomenon of converting mass into energy
They would light up a caterpillar by placing another caterpillar next to it and zap it with photons
The caterpillar would explode and detonate the other caterpillar and turn it into a photon bomb

Now I have this image of a caterpillar next to an anti-caterpiller, with contact leading to mutual annihilation. :0

Opinions expressed here may not represent those of the member potato, let alone Batoto or its staff.

Kokai

Kokai

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 577 posts

oh, if it's about that then someone has to cheerfully buy/use/consume/trust all these unnecessary products that advertisements try to convince you to get o:

coincidentally I had a conversation about the lack of any common sense classes in schools the other day

Common sense isn't taught. It's a quality parents raise you into.

Too bad most parents these days are too busy with Facebook to actually raise their children.

Now I have this image of a caterpillar next to an anti-caterpiller, with contact leading to mutual annihilation. :0

Mutual annihilation resulting in twice the amount of base caterpillar. :P

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

You's Waifu

• Members
  • 3,560 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

Common sense isn't taught. It's a quality parents raise you into.

Too bad most parents these days are too busy with Facebook to actually raise their children.

What about children of people without common sense? D:

Mod-in-Disguise

Posted Image

Мне мало-мало-мало тебя

You <3

Muni

Muni

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationExactly where you don't need me to be at the present moment.
I would love to participate in this conversation, but I am currently entertaining some dinner guests. I will offer my two cents by this time tomorrow though, so if you guys could keep the discussion going until then, it would be greatly appreciated. If not, ah well, there is plenty to discuss, not the least of which being the inauguration of a new and fairly controversial chap to the executive branch of US government.

I'd like to think of myself as the least impressive kind of god. Not omnipotent, omnipresent, or omniscient. Arrogant (as people with god complexes generally tend towards), self-serving (as many gods can be), and flawed (as people inherently are). If you follow me, expect magic tricks, not miracles. But hey, I don't ask for much. Put your faith in me, and I'll put my faith in you, Talk to me (and I've heard more important gods are much pickier about doing this) and I'll talk right back to you. So what do you say? Wanna be a prophet?

Spoiler

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

You's Waifu

• Members
  • 3,560 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

not the least of which being the inauguration of a new and fairly controversial chap to the executive branch of US government.

we have a thread dedicated to this

Mod-in-Disguise

Posted Image

Мне мало-мало-мало тебя

You <3

Argomundo

Argomundo

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 574 posts
  • LocationGermany