Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kubera Season 3 discussion raws

• Please log in to reply
1349 replies to this topic

Cherryblue

Cherryblue

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts

^ Wait. If Agni knew Brilith was the person he was looking for from the start, is he a total idiot for temporarily losing it when Gandharva claimed to have killed the person? xD

Well... He still killed her. Implies pain, loss... and time flies before you are reincarnated it seems.

Edited by Cherryblue, 13 December 2017 - 08:19 PM.

tkl.ee

tkl.ee

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 409 posts

Hmm yea, 2000 seems too small of a number for the current Brilith. I'll go for the 102000 even if it seems overboard. She's too OP. xD

Maybe Agni was pissed off that Gandharva blew the chance he could have had with her a thousand years ago? But yea, not sure whether Gandharva's claim is true yet. But if it is then basically the two most current missed chances between Agni and Brilith are somehow related to Gandharva. xD Agni: Bro... why??? Gandharva: I...

And another note on Brilith and Yama: Brilith seems to be acquainted with all the other gods too in order for her to compare and say Yama is the best. Just what is her past?? And I think the translation should be 'true' or 'real' god, not really normal. It's most likely one of those words that changes its meaning depending on how it's used in a sentence. I google-translated that sentence into English, Chinese, Spanish, French, and Russian and all say 'true'/'real' god. So Yama might be the only true or real god who is impartial when it comes to the life and death of a being (except for that one time, but he learned). A god is impartial right? That's the true normal, maybe? Wait... but what about Brahma? Why isn't Brahma included in this category...

---

Oh and now it would make sense why Agni knew Brilith would go to paradise, even though he couldn't use Insight to see her future. It's because she is that woman. And he knows that woman has always ended up in paradise.

Wait, did Agni 'save' Brilith from death because he actually did not want to lose her that fast?? It's not really because he's doing her any favors...

What a 'romance'. Brilith and Agni were past lovers. And somehow they crossed paths again for the nth time. And thinking back to the time when Agni had kissed her on the cheeks before, all the times when he had tried to lower his status in front of her, and the times when he didn't want her to know about certain world affairs, today's revelation gives a whole new context to all those past interactions Agni had with Brilith.

I guess it's true that there's a thin line between love and hate. I can't believe she's able to 'smile' while saying that she does not want to get involved with him ever again as her last wish. Ouch.

Edited by tkl.ee, 13 December 2017 - 11:33 PM.

One Last God: Kubera (en)

Psst... need to find chapters that contain moments of LeezxYuta and LeezxKubera(Mister)? NO FEAR, click here

Boggyb

Boggyb

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 885 posts

And Currygom says that this is a story with no villains. The gods, the sura, and the humans are all incurably corrupt. Kali is right to want to watch creation burn. The only innocent victims are the Children and Leez.

Stagehand

Stagehand

Potato

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationWherever a moocher may mooch

Unless Brilith and her previous incarnations are stopped here somehow, that would be it for one of the ten main characters. This means that as with previous arcs, something is going to stop this big event in its tracks (perhaps whatever is coming out of the gate), or we are a lot closer to the climax than we thought (I always figured that the end of Season II was the halfway point, but for all we know, it could have marked the end of the second part of the trilogy).

This chapter also confirmed that there is indeed reincarnation within the Kuberaverse, although the mechanics are still a mystery. Was Brilith deliberately engineered to be what she was given that Agni kept expecting the knowledge of past incarnations to somehow kick in, or can anyone theoretically do the same? Is this at all related to what is going on with Leez? Also, does Brilith's situation have anything to do at all with Hoti Visnu (which is yet to reveal its actual effects as theorized by some magicians)?

We also get the humans (Brilith and Siera) calling out the gods for their utilitarian philosophies and arrogance. It makes some sense now that the gods never theorized that gathering so many strong people would attract the Chaos clan, or that they didn't realize what was going on with their memories. They likely have lived so long and have so much power through Insight that they figured that they knew everything they needed to know save for the way things will go, only for the humans, who don't have such luxuries, utilize what they do have to scrape and scrimp their way to more innovative thoughts.

Lastly, it is probably safe to say that there really is no place for Gandharva. He finally seemed to make a choice and take a side, but now it's just too little, too late. No one trusts him (and Agni, even with the realization about his memory, probably hasn't forgiven him for the other incidents), and the humans sure as hell would prefer he stop living sometime in the near future.

microlm

microlm

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 337 posts

I can't tell if Agni is just that bad at pursuing relationships or if his luck sucks or both.

I kind of assumed that Brilith was the reincarnation of that woman from 2000 years ago, but wow, Agni's apparently been after them for billions of years. Which in hindsight, makes sense, because he was saying that he was looking for something for billions of years when talking to Leez when they first met. But it seems that new Brilith is just Brilith with memories of Brilith's past lives (who are omnisciently watching over their current life or something). This....makes sense. But also raises a lot of questions.

1) Agni's regret from 2000 years ago is that he didn't realize until too late that he loved that woman. But....she's the reincarnation of someone he's been in love with for billions of years. Was Agni...not in love with them until 2000 years ago? Or was the realization something more like he was in love with that one specific life as an individual and not just as a continuation of the reincarnation? As in, he always pursued the reincarnations with the intention of waking up the past lives, but didn't want to with the person 2000 years ago.

2) Why is he so fearful of Brilith + her past lives now?

3) Is Brilith's awakening of past memories something unique to her or can it happen to anyone? Brilith being the reincarnation of an early god that lost their name was a crack theory of mine that had like no proof...but this chapter seems to open that possibility up. Chandra says that this isn't the level of a human. In both perspective and abilities, she's closer to a god.

4) So does Brilith actually hate Agni? On one hand, she does say that her wish every time is that she never got involved with him. On the other, in the dream she seemed upset that she would be drifting farther from him (in what way...?). So, maybe she does like him but resents that it all inevitably goes to shit.  Also, Brilith seems to hate that gods don't consider saving a life for the sake of saving a life, but rather for how much utility they can get out of it. Which I guess means she's ok with sacrificing people as necessary, but resents exceptions or treating any life as worth more than another when choosing who to sacrifice. If Agni holds her in special regard and things get screwed over because of that--and he does totally do that, then I can also see that making her wish she never got involved with him. And so...she was pissed at Chandra not for wanting to let her die, but for wanting to let her die because he thought she was useless.

5) Why is she in such a rush to die? Is she just feeling that done with everything, or is there something else pushing her to rush things as well? The only reason I could think of is Asha. If Asha really is anchored into the world through Brilith, then maybe Brilith is in a rush to die before Asha (and maybe Ananta) return to the world. And she's also in a rush to take down as many sura as she can with her.

6) Brilith has pretty much peak silent magic skills but still has access to paradise. Does that mean she didn't lose what she valued? Is she different from Jibril somehow?

7) So...summoning. The factors are life span to break through the realms, a desire for the god that reaches through the realms, and a third unknown factor. I feel like the third unknown factor, given the fact the second is the summoner's desires, is the god's desires. If the summoner can provide the god with their goal/desires, then the summoning is more likely to be successful. In Brilith's case...is the unknown factor just to be her? If it is, then that makes Jibril's summoning suspect. But, it could also be something more general, like "to be near her", in which case, technically as long as Brilith is alive, the third factor is fulfilled. 

And...ahhhhhh....Babo Kim and Agni's bad nicknaming started with her. ;_;  I kind of feel like Agni is going to do something very deserving of the name Babo Kim to stop Brilith's suicide run. It still feels too early for her to die.

And Gandharva is definitely super screwed if even the gods are no longer able to convince the people to listen to them. I wonder what would happen if the humans started to rebel against the decisions of the gods? Agni was pretty hands off to begin with, but Chandra exerted tight control.

Edited by microlm, Yesterday, 08:51 AM.

tkl.ee

tkl.ee

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 409 posts

^ You know it's a good episode when many more questions are raised after a revelation. xD

Brilith definitely seems to be for the greater good, but is against personal partiality towards saving or sacrificing a certain life. Though I'm still not understanding why keeping Kaz alive wouldn't be for the greater good. (And though Chandra is known to be what Brilith has described, I honestly feel that Chandra was been sincere and frank about keeping Kaz alive in this case...) Brilith isn't wrong about the general hypocritical characteristics of gods, but she might have misunderstood Chandra's intention in this particular case.

And yea, I'm really hoping Brilith won't die that soon. I mean, she now has depth to her character. I would flip tables should Currygom kill her off in the midst of her character development.

Still not worrying about Gandharva though... because how would the humans kill a nastika without gods' power should they revolt against the gods? That's suicide. I do see the possibility of the humans relinquishing their magic and all live an ordinary life in the future. But to kill a nastika without gods' power? I don't see that happening. And there's also Shess who seems to have gained approval from the humans. I doubt Shess would just let Gandharva die. Isn't he about being on losing side? (Not that Gandharva is or will be on the losing side. I can't imagine it, but surprise me.)

---

Another note on Leez: Asha was at multiple times against Leez from learning magic via a 'certain' method. Whatever that method was supposed to be, she was relieved Leez hasn't learned magic that way yet. Perhaps we will get to see an 'awaken' Leez too. So looking forward to it. haha

Edited by tkl.ee, Yesterday, 10:00 AM.

One Last God: Kubera (en)

Psst... need to find chapters that contain moments of LeezxYuta and LeezxKubera(Mister)? NO FEAR, click here

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,827 posts

On why Brilith can use silent magic but can still go to paradise: isn't it one of those loophole situations?

• To use silent magic, it seems you need to be able to kill. Specifically, it seems you need to be able to kill those precious to you. As price, you will 'lose your humanity', in the sense that you can no longer see a person as anything different from an object.
  • To go to paradise, you need to preserve your values.

In Brilith's case, her value may just be 'absolute equality'. Every life is equally precious. It doesn't matter whether you're a powerful priest or an ordinary person. Conversely, no life is worth more than others, and can be killed off for the sake of a greater number of people. This mentality is actually close to that of silent magic users. It's like you're raising a bunch of chickens, and no chicken is more precious than the next. If one gets a contagious disease then no matter which it is, it will be killed off (okay, poor analogy, but you get the idea?).

This is also why, the first time she 'died', the people in her thoughts could not anchor her down. Even though they were her close acquaintances, to her they weren't worth more or less than anybody else. And this is also why she looks up to Yama, who treats all human lives as equals. He didn't even give a hoot when Visnu tried to prolong Ian's life: who cares if Visnu is the one asking? Who cares if she can calm down Taksaka? The rules are the rules for all humans.

So the big question is why a person like Brilith got attached to Asha of all people. No seriously, I'm racking my brains here.

By the way, recall that humans once had a King. Could Brilith have been a human King in the past? Or is that completely unrelated?

And I'm so curious whether Leez's hidden personality is in the same situation. Man, I miss Leez.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Cherryblue

Cherryblue

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts

This is also why, the first time she 'died', the people in her thoughts could not anchor her down. Even though they were her close acquaintances, to her they weren't worth more or less than anybody else. And this is also why she looks up to Yama, who treats all human lives as equals. He didn't even give a hoot when Visnu tried to prolong Ian's life: who cares if Visnu is the one asking? Who cares if she can calm down Taksaka? The rules are the rules for all humans.

I frankly disagree. Who fixes lifespans if not Yama? How can you say that Yama treats all human lives as equal but doesn't give them all the same lifespan? (accident aside)

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,827 posts

I frankly disagree. Who fixes lifespans if not Yama? How can you say that Yama treats all human lives as equal but doesn't give them all the same lifespan? (accident aside)

Eh, what makes you think that someone out there is fixing lifespans? As far as we know, lifespan could just be something inherent. Yama only has the ability to modify it, not to fix it in the first place. He's the god of death, not the god of life.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Boggyb

Boggyb

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 885 posts

So the big question is why a person like Brilith got attached to Asha of all people. No seriously, I'm racking my brains here.

Brilith grew up in society and thus should be well aware of the depths of human and magician depravity. Leez could be in denial about Asha because Leez was a paragon of virtue. When Asha tells Brilith how her goal requires her doing heinous things, what does Brilith think that means? How does she not remember that conversation when it comes out that Asha "accidentally" killed all those people?