Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Spoiler discussion thread

Spoilers

• Please log in to reply
677 replies to this topic

SP_Pheonix

SP_Pheonix

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Man, Seidou really are a bunch of assholes. I'm all for Sawamura as the ace, but it's hard to root for them when they treat their teammate and the one that carries most of the team's weight all by himself. How am I supposed to enjoy ace Sawamura knowing he's fighting for these jerks that don't appreciate him? 

Seriously, Sawamura was absolutely correct in everything he said, yet he is the one that gets attacked. While everyone sugar coats things for Furuya, he's the only that confronts him. It was the same when Furuya injured himself.

I was super glad Miyuki was gone for these games becasue he really is the one that often perpatutes this bullshit, but hey, what difference does it make when his brainless follower Kuramochi is there?

Edited by SP_Pheonix, Yesterday, 07:12 PM.

Sawamura no ace

Sawamura no ace

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 37 posts

No need to be worried or angry for Kuramochi's behaviour.

Here another translation from the translation.

Sawamura: Furuya. Your shoulder is already fine is it? = Sawamura just asking about Furuya's condition like anybody else would do.

Furuya: Yeah, I'm all good.

Sawamura: Is that so. So you'll be able to pitch long innings today? Don't you get all tense and self-destruct. = be focus on the game = don't think about unnecessary stuff = "don't loose" cheering type.

Of course Furuya doesn't like it.

Furuya: ...you'll going to pitch in the 3rd match right. Keep silent and watch me. (or shutup and watch me play) = I'm perfectly fine. I don't need your advice, so instead of worrying about me you should be worried about your own game. So just keep watching me silently and I will show you what I'm capable of.

You have your usual Furuya who doesn't like to be lecture or remind his own weakness by somebody else and particulary by Sawamura, until now this has happened a hundred of times.

Mochi: Sa~Wa~Mu~Ra, don't pick a quarrel with Furuya just because you have free time. Your job is to watch the match closely ya hear me! = Kuramochi thought Sawamura was trying to provoke Furuya essentially because he probably thought Sawamura was looking down on him or teasing him (because he has free time before his match lol).

Sawamura: I'm not picking a quarrel with him, this is my way of doing cheer leading = true

Mochi: All I'm seeing is you picking a quarrel with him! = Kuramochi doesn't get it yet.

Sawamura: Ono senpai, he's an uncontrollable reckless train but I'm counting on you.= this is exactly what he means.

Ono: Got it.

Furuya: [aura] uncontrollable reckless train... = this guy is such a pain (aura thing) I won't loose.

So yeah Kuramochi is probably an idiot because he misunderstand what Sawamura said to Furuya but that doesn't make him a bad guy. Furhtermore Okumura later ask Sawamura if it was necesary to put more pressure on Furuya's shoulders. For once I will agree with wolf-boy not because what Sawamura said was false but because I think it was not the right moment to say this kind of things to him.

Edited by Sawamura no ace, Yesterday, 09:01 PM.

RoKrish

RoKrish

Potato

• Members
  • 161 posts

@GodamfireV:

Thanks for the translation

Wait, are we certain that isn't an actual Randy Johnson clone? He's only lacking that scraggly beard Johnson had. If they have Johnson Clone they better have a Koufax or a Maddux clone hiding somewhere on that team. In any case that guy better not kill an innocent bird. The US Team needs to score at least 2 in the next inning. So we get to have the Seidou Game starting in two weeks. Also Sawamura and Furuya's interaction is pretty funny.

@Cyro and @SP Pheonix:

I can understand why it may seem to you that Seidou is pretty heartless towards Sawamura right now, and I agree that it does look that way, but the one player on the first string who actually tried to help Sawamura when he was dealing with Yips (Kanemaru, Haruichi, and Toujou didn't really help sawamura out all that much) was Kuramochi. Speaking from someone who played a similar position to Furuya and Sawamura, I hated it when a teammate told me something really unnecessary right before I went out to bowl an over because it would mess with my rhythm. I feel that Kuramochi is a bit stressed out when it comes to having to lead the squad and be the lead-off man, and that in a sense to raise a quality player you have to be hard on them and hold them to a higher standard of both results and behavior. Sawamura has to lead on the mound not just by results, but by example, if he goes and starts antagonizing a teammate in a practice game what might happen if he does so in an actual game where there are consequences and it effects Furuya's pitching (not that much anything can effect the guys pitching its pretty bad to start with). Famously Kershaw pretty much asks that his teammates not talk to him in the bullpen or the bench if he is pitching that day until he's done for the day. I would also like to point out that when he talks to Ono, Ono pretty much gets what Sawamura is saying (be careful he doesn't have all that much control, and I can't get in there to bail him out as I have to pitch later), and this is pretty much confirmed by Kanemaru and Toujou who are his best friends on the team not named Haruichi. Kanemaru is a bit confused, but Toujou (who is making himself into a great Captain Candidate for the next year) gets it immediately. 

That Said what should we do for the next week, for the break? Do you guys want to keep discussing other stuff? post player analysis for each player on Seidou? Some other more general Baseball stuff so we can be ready for the Summer tournament? or just stick to speculation about what the tone of the next chapter may be?

SP_Pheonix

SP_Pheonix

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

@RoKrish:

From what I remember, Kuramochi wasn't really there for Sawamura during the yips. The ones that really helped him in those distressing times were Kanemaru and Kariba, they pratciced with him relentlessly when he was trying to learn pitching to the outside corner. I won't deny that Kuramochi really cares for Sawamura, but he never takes any action when it comes to him. All he does is go and whine to Miyuki about Sawamura's problems. He did that during the yips and after the Ichidai games. 

Sawamura was in no way antagonizing Furuya, he more than anyone has to pick up Furuya's slack and Sawamura has every right to tell Furuya to pull his act together. How many times did Furuya jeopardize the team because he never learns from his mistakes? And how many times did Sawamura have to come to clean up his mess? 

This team really has a tendency to brush off all of Sawamura's feelings and frustrations. Every time he utters something even when he is right, he is told to shut up and stay in his lane. Why does no one say anything when Furuya anatgonizes Sawamura? During the practice game against Yakushi and after the Hakryuu game, what Furuya said was a lot more anatgonizing and it's pretty obvious his intentions weren't pure. The double standard is just so toxic, and frankly infuriating. 

Maybe these things stick out to me more because I've been re-reading act 2 and been pretty disappointed with the lack of development for a lot of the third years and the way that view the two ace candidiates. There was a lot of uncessary drama and bullcrap that Sawamura had to endure and he is still not being treated the way a potential ace should be. Even if Sawamura gets the ace number, I'm afraid that he still won't be treated like he deserved it and is the true ace. I mean, seriously Miyuki had the audacity to say that the only reason Sawamura got this chance was because Furuya was in a slump. Which is down-right untrue, offensive and insulting, but it speaks volumes of the different attitudes towards Sawamura and Furuya. 

Edited by SP_Pheonix, Yesterday, 10:02 PM.

firefelix

firefelix

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

@RoKrish:

From what I remember, Kuramochi wasn't really there for Sawamura during the yips. The ones that really helped him in those distressing times were Kanemaru and Kariba, they pratciced with him relentlessly when he was trying to learn pitching to the outside corner. I won't deny that Kuramochi really cares for Sawamura, but he never takes any action when it comes to him. All he does is go and whine to Miyuki about Sawamura's problems. He did that during the yips and after the Ichidai games. 

Sawamura was in no way antagonizing Furuya, he more than anyone has to pick up Furuya's slack and Sawamura has every right to tell Furuya to pull his act together. How many times did Furuya jeopardize the team because he never learns from his mistakes? And how many times did Sawamura have to come to clean up his mess? 

This team really has a tendency to brush off all of Sawamura's feelings and frustrations. Every time he utters something even when he is right, he is told to shut up and stay in his lane. Why does no one say anything when Furuya anatgonizes Sawamura? During the practice game against Yakushi and after the Hakryuu game, what Furuya said was a lot more anatgonizing and it's pretty obvious his intentions weren't pure. The double standard is just so toxic, and frankly infuriating. 

Maybe these things stick out to me more because I've been re-reading act 2 and been pretty disappointed with the lack of development for a lot of the third years and the way that view the two ace candidiates. There was a lot of uncessary drama and bullcrap that Sawamura had to endure and he is still not being treated the way a potential ace should be. Even if Sawamura gets the ace number, I'm afraid that he still won't be treated like he deserved it and is the true ace. I mean, seriously Miyuki had the audacity to say that the only reason Sawamura got this chance was because Furuya was in a slump. Which is down-right untrue, offensive and insulting, but it speaks volumes of the different attitudes towards Sawamura and Furuya. 

agree. in sawamura yips periode, only kanemaru and kariba who helped sawamura practice outlow, miyuki who helped make idea sawamura go for outlow, and chriss senpai who present miyuki idea to sawamura. dunno if kuramochi do something behind caouse he is sawamura roomate afterall, but so far showed in manga and anime he do nothing.

but in this chapter, i think sawamura do what he usually do when furuya pitch and furuya also respond the way he usually do.i think it's kinda how both of them communicate and cheering. if u reread manga or replay anime, u'll find so much of this same pattern scene,like in spring when furuya become senpatsu and strugle for control in ch 23, or before ichidai game start, when facing osaka kiryu etc. in another word, it's sawamura tsundere way cheering and furuya cold response that make a litlle joke added.

Gunden

Gunden

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 74 posts
Wasn’t it mochi that went and got Chris to help Sawamura, or was it Kanamaru? and I know he was the one that almost got into a fight with Miyuki because Miyuki was trying to act like helping Sawamura wasn’t his concern. And him and Sawamura are roommates and buds, he’s probably just stressed out he’s responsible for the team and keeping the team full of string wills together.

Personally if I were Sawamura I wouldn’t mess with Furuya, I wouldn’t like it if I’m trying to make a comeback as a pitcher and trying to concentrate before the game, because that’s where Furuya loses control, he has to concentrate. And having loud annoying Sawamura say that stuff to him wouldn’t help.

Sawamura wants to be ace right, it’s fine to act goofy sometimes but I don’t know an ace who would say that

Tbh I think we all are nit picking, in my honest opinion it just seems like seidou as usual, Sawamura messing around and Furuya being Furuya and mochi trying too hard to keep peace when he’s nervous Miyukis not here

RoKrish

RoKrish

Potato

• Members
  • 161 posts

@SP_Pheonix:

I may have written it kind of confusingly. I wasn't saying that Sawamura was antagonizing Furuya, at least from Sawamura and most of the Rest of the teams perspective. I agree with you that Sawamura has every right to tell Furuya off, I would even argue that he is the only person who can tell him off when ever he wants. What I was saying is that when you go into a game you generally only want to focus on one thing, getting the guys facing your team out (as sawamura says). Everyone (in-universe and on this forum and hopefully elsewhere) knows that Sawamura is not trying to antagonize Furuya, but It can be viewed in that way. Sawamura's behavior is perfectly normal, its just that Kuramochi is trying to keep Furuya focused on the game, which we all know he needs to do. 

Also you are right Kanemaru did help, he asked Chris to help Sawamura. Kuramochi did the same thing with regards to Miyuki, who basically threw Sawamura under the bus, while sugarcoating it by saying "Oh, he'll get better, I'll make him"  (really because thats how deep seated psychological wounds heal, sit on your butt and let someone else handle the problem, that you saw coming. A+ thinking from the intrepid leader and genius catcher. I have to say that those glasses make him look about 20 times smarter than anyone else in Series /s). Sawamura was done wrong by his teammates, don't get me wrong, but Kuramochi has basically been on his side since he earned his spot on the first string back in his first summer. Miyuki on the other hand is an idiot when it comes to appraising the level of talent that a player has and their dedication to make their talent bear fruit. Sure there are individually talented freaks of nature whom don't really need to work, but nearly every player that makes it to the top works harder than the guy who doesn't. This is borne out by the results a player gets. For Example I could look at the recently deceased Roy Halladay as a great example of this. In his Third season (age 23) he pitched more than 60 innings, which made him the all time worst player by ERA to pitch 60 innings or more, however previously he nearly threw a no-hitter. This means that he had talent, and this season should be an aberration. He went back down to single A baseball (lowest level of Professional Baseball in the US and Canada) fixed his issues came back up in the next season and began to dominate. This is essentially what Sawamura did during his trouble with the Yips. Kuramochi gets pissed off at Miyuki for saying sweet nothings instead of looking for a way to fix the problem. It really should have been obvious in bullpen sessions that Sawamura was struggling to the inside especially to a catcher as good a Miyuki, and more importantly its a relatively easy problem to fix, just send him to a sports psychologist, and get him working the outside corner. He fixes it, he's back to the domination he showed versus Yakushi and Inajitsu, you have more time to fix his issues, and build his arsenal out. If you look back at Act 1 Ch. 220 Page 16 which is the end of the confrontation between Miyuki and Kanemaru, he's pretty incoherent saying something like "You...talking absurd." (I didn't see it shown in the Anime) which is something that isn't in Kuramochi's style of speaking (if Zono had said it, it would make more sense but Kuramochi is pretty self-assured) which makes me think he's done with Miyuki's attitude and doesn't want to deal with him and his style of messing with people. I agree with @Gunden that doing this and then seeing furuya have a bad game is exactly what Sawamura needs to avoid doing right now as it would lead to people saying non-sense like "Oh Furuya would be the ace if Sawamura didn't mess with him" or other things like that.

GodamfireV

GodamfireV

Potato

• Members
  • 164 posts

This is how I understand Sawamura's implication from the original context (Japanese). What Sawamura was implying is "are you seriously fine this time? If you are, better not blow up on us again" and this imply both "don't you self-destruct again and make people downplay my achievements saying it was because you're still injured, give me your best shot" and also "if you are all fine this time, better not let the team down by blowing up again, you've already caused trouble enough as it is".

The flashback on one small panel about Kataoka saying the one who can support his team regardless if he's in a good day or a bad day is the legit Ace is the indicator that Sawamura means both these things in his statement. Sawamura is challenging Furuya for that Ace title and he's saying Furuya better give it his best shot in terms of performance or his chance is running out and also at the same time not causing the team more trouble is the responsibility of the Ace as well. Sawamura is challenging Furuya to fulfill these 2 responsibilities.

I was a little taken aback when I read this interaction between these 2 as well but looking at it carefully, putting aside the fact that Furuya was a former Ace, Sawamura and Furuya are basically 2 pitchers standing on the same ground. Sawamura is not the Ace yet but Furuya is not Ace-sama either. Sawamura has the right to suggest he should be considered equal to Furuya and acts as such while Furuya has acted high and mighty ever since day one and his behavior got further reinforced when he became the Ace. So there is no need to fuss over Sawamura getting daring and challenge Furuya right to his face while Furuya before he even became the Ace said he doesn't need Sawamura on the mound when Sawamura was in his worst days.

This conversation may feel a little too shounen-ish but it is what it is, we've seen far worse. What I'm not amused about is Terajima suggesting perhaps Furuya may be able to pitch long innings or a full game and by doing so immediately gains back his credibility and Ace-sama bragging rights and what not. Better not screw Sawamura over this time Terajima, the new anime season fate hangs on this deciding move.

pepbut

pepbut

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 577 posts

My first impression, just based on what I know about Sawamura's personality, is that he's taunting Furuya to try and motivate him. Otherwise it's just malicious and mean spirited.

By long innings did he mean like that each inning would be long, or a large number of innings? Or is it ambiguous?

GodamfireV

GodamfireV

Potato

• Members
  • 164 posts

My first impression, just based on what I know about Sawamura's personality, is that he's taunting Furuya to try and motivate him. Otherwise it's just malicious and mean spirited.

By long innings did he mean like that each inning would be long, or a large number of innings? Or is it ambiguous?

Yes, he's taunting and challenging him at the same time.

He means "long innings" literally, he doesn't mean to mock Furuya with that

pepbut

pepbut

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 577 posts

Yes, he's taunting and challenging him at the same time.

He means "long innings" literally, he doesn't mean to mock Furuya with that

Kinda mock though with the ambiguous/pun then. Long innings = can't get batters out.

GodamfireV

GodamfireV

Potato

• Members
  • 164 posts

Kinda mock though with the ambiguous/pun then. Long innings = can't get batters out.

From out point of view yes, it does seems like a mocking but in Japanese it just sounds simply like "can you go deep innings", not in the sense of "long drawn out innings because you can't get batters out". Although admittedly I'm looking forward to see Furuya pitch drawn out innings struggling to get batters out myself Muahahah

RoKrish

RoKrish

Potato

• Members
  • 161 posts

Ohtani news:

Spoiler

GodamfireV

GodamfireV

Potato

• Members
  • 164 posts

Ohtani news:

Spoiler

Spoiler

cryo

cryo

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 57 posts

@RoKrish

Despite Kuramochi being Sawamura's roommate, he wasn't really there for Sawamura during yips. The only thing he did was try to pressure someone else - that is, Miyuki in this case - into doing something, while he himself did jack. Admirable, isn't it?

And this chapter convinced me that Kuramochi isn't cut out for captaincy or ever should be let run things. Even Miyuki, with all his flaws, makes a better captain and in his 3rd year shows ability to see through and handle situations dealing with people's emotions better (Sawamura's yips and the conflict with Nabe and Zono did teach him something).

As to Toujou being a possible captain candidate, not for me he's not, because he's too passive for the position, he might have a better vision than most but he never ever tries to do anything, just sits back and watches - always. Haruichi is slightly better in that regard, but he's lacking active position in most cases too, so another no. As much as I don't really find Kanemaru anywhere close to perfection, what with him lacking gentler hand and sometimes insight, he's a far better candidate than the aforementioned, because at least he's a trouble shooter, actively trying to find solutions to problems, not just muse on them. (For the record, Miyuki shows qualities of a trouble shooter too, but his approach is very different and almost never hands-on unlike Kanemaru's, manipulating and acting behind the scene is his thing, e.g. he acted, not just sat around even before he became captain: he did talk to Chris when things didn't go well between Sawamura and Chris in the beginning in an attempt to smooth them, and then he went to ask him again when Sawamura had yips knowing it had to be Chris to be of help and not him)

chikai

chikai

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
During the yips arc, Sawamura was pretty much unresponsive to everyone that I believe Kuramochi decided that Miyuki, being Sawamura's catcher would be more effective in helping Sawamura. Maybe he thought Miyuki could do his usual im-your-catcher-you-shouldnt-question-me approach to Sawamura. Maybe he thought his boisterous-senpai attitude was not what Sawamura needed then. I dont know but I really thought Kuramochi just acted the way I expected from his personality.

GodamfireV

GodamfireV

Potato

• Members
  • 164 posts

This will make for a good read.

Spoiler

@TDX

I agree with most of your points especially on Kuramochi. Like before, since we have had this conversations many time, I can see why you rate Kanemaru as a higher potential candidate. Admittedly Toujou hasn't done much in Act 1 with providing help to his teammates but there's something he did in Act 2 that's worth noting. He realized Kuki was feeling horrible for putting up what he himself considered to be a bad performance against the seniors team but still got added into the 2nd string regardless. Toujou not only shared his embarrassing past with Kuki but also motivated Kuki to have confidence in his ability as well as firing him up with a challenge to obtain the pitching position on the first string. Unlike other guys on the team who'll either say a lot of gibberish but does jack or will do something but say pretty harsh words to the individuals needing their help first like a tsundere like Kanemaru case, Toujou has good enough communication to navigate his way through those things and conduct a "normal conversation" ​that's helpful to the person seeking advices/moral support (which is kind of rare in Seidou ironically). That's why I prefer Toujou's approach than Kanemaru whose very inclined to say stuffs like "it's your fault, you're stupid, you're lucky" before extending help. He does care about others but at times he comes off as condescending to me and I don't like to see that from a captain whose responsibility is to set example and unite the team. Toujou said Kanemaru has a tendency of making people his enemy without realizing it and it's not hard to see why with the way he communicates and this can potentially causes fragmentation within the team instead of helping it. I don't doubt his ability to clean up his own ass afterwards but for now I'm still not sold on Kanemaru yet. 

Edited by GodamfireV, Today, 03:06 PM.

TeamAce

TeamAce

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

Just read the chapter translated by TDX. My/our thougts have kinda been a rollercoaster on it. I first just watched the raws without knowing what was being talked about, and, from the pictures, I liked the posture of Sawamura. Then I read the translation by GodamfireV and kinda didn't liked the interaction, to be honest... now re-reading it, well, I guess it's okay.

My view is that it serves two purposes.

1), so Sawamura clearly states that he wants to beat him at his best, hence the long innings and the talk with Okumura.

2), and I think that's the reason for the flashback with the ones playing in these games, the roster announcement date and Furuya answer (that Sawamura is playing the third day): Sawamura warns him to bring his best, so no one has to come clean his mess, and potentially hurt his own expectations if things also went bad from there. I mean, if Furuya self-destructs again in 4/5th inning and Sawamura/Nori/Kawashima/Kaneda/Toujou has to come in, with the team losing, with runners on base, the flow destructed... someone probably would also took a toll, with more runs conceded, and that person would also look bad regarding the roster options. It would also hurt the plan for this three days, as if for example Sawamura had to come in the thr 4/5th inning, perhaps he wouldn't be able to go all out/play all the game against Seihou.

In a way, I think it's like a Ace-like (or even Captain) feature from Sawamura, to warn Furuya to don't mess up and potentially hurt the ones. And I'm also okay with that. No one seems to have the balls to say anything serious to Furuya (lol to be honest, I remember Miyuki one or two times at the beginning, with hard words that even shocked the rest of the infielders, but not much too after that; specially since Act II...), so, Sawamura takes care of that. Since Miyuki doesn't say it, or Kuramochi, or Zono, or Ono, or Haruichi, even Kataoka that doesn't say it completely hard like to Tanba and Masuko... it's like a reality-check from the one person that isn't brain-damaged on this team.

3) But on the other hand... even if those two aspects have some logic...

...I mean, what's really the need, from Sawamura point of view? This team is bullshit, of course one of them would reply to him the way Kuramochi did.

Second, I mean, what's the need to warm? Furuya wants to continue the same player he was from the beginning, practically? He doesn't awake from his shell of number one in Japan and etc? He wants to self-destruct and etc? lol just let him. I understand the if that happens, everyone would say that he's still not healed, maybe someone would also look bad from it, even if Sawamura gets the Ace number, the comments like "you got lucky that Furuya wasn't still at his best" and such, even from teammates... so, why all the concerns with that?

Third, why all the need to sugar-talk Furuya to bring him into his game? It happened before against Ugumori team, that Furuya was self-destructing and Sawamura had to intervene. In Senbatsu I have the idea that it also happened, but can't be sure about it. Now the pep-talk so he's at his best... I mean, why the f*ck lol? They're rivals (I miss the Sawamura that said that he didn't even wanted to see the games, because he wouldn't be able to honestly cheer for their success... that's so real...), Furuya is already a grown man, Sawamura isn't his senpai or his older brother to lift him. The man never even say something to lift Sawamura on the other way lol; on the contrary, is always "I'm the Ace, you watch from the bench", takes his spot when talking to Miyuki in the freaking lunch lol, uses his status to train with Miyuki at the front of the other tammates... In a real world, no way this guys would be the so called best-friend kinda rivals. Another bullshit construction by Terajima.

And he doesn't learn and wants to play that way, eventually giving those results, just let him, better for you...

And also from the point of view of Terajima... well, another highly convenient interaction for the drama and the bullshit build up of Furuya. In Spring he crumbles, then takes an injury, then magically learns to control the fastball to outside, then makes a decent comeback, during trainings always shines, and now is ready to play into long innings. This injury, recuperation and growing is so bullshit; specially because it didn't even have character development to follow it, it's still the same shitty character. And perhaps more than that, I'm guessing that Furuya will actually look very well in this game, to ciment his status in the team and his definitive comeback right at the end of the pre-season; and Sawamura, on the other way, that in the last couple of months has been showing more concern about his own status, the evolution of reliever-status to Ace, a challenge to other Ace pitchers... well, here we are again, Furuya again. F*ck that. With the results and pitching he's been showing, he should only be concerned about his pitching, his games, his stats, how to grow even more and how to be the best Ace there is comparing with the rivals from other schools. Why always this weight in the back called Furuya?

Oh, and of course. Let's just clarify once again that Furuya is awesome. Just to be sure that no one forgot that. Hey, he has heat in his fastball (although he can't control it, besides no decent breaking balls) and has aura and sh*t. He's amazing, once in a generation.

Would be far, far, far more interesting to see Sawamura at least watching the Tokyo-USA game (gotta love the connection between Imai and Furuya; unstable control, but fast and lively pitchers, "invincible" when it goes low... let's just state that once again; and of course, fielders saving his ass) and feel the need to compete with these type of guys. Awesome wasn't that pitching from the american guy? Regarding those type of power-pitchers, there sure as hell are better ones that Furuya. Why all the obsession?

At least there was Mei to save the day. Awesome face and posture, like always when it gets serious. That's what top-notch players react when the feel the competition; but a real competition. They don't get all goofy, loudy, etc, or even cheerful, impressed by that competition. They get silent, focus, hot from inside and heart pounding, starting to get crazy about it: "no way this f*cker is better than me", "once they give me the opportunity, I'll show you who I am", "don't forget I'm still here". Mei also tends to be loud, childful and etc, but this is why he's one of the best characters. He also suffered dissabours in the past, evolved from it, and has a tremendous competition spirit. And the qualities to support that. He can be goofy and loud off-games, but when he starts to pitch, in pinch moments, or when people forget who he is... he won't say a word. He gets all serious, all focused, all silent to himself, and then shows who he is. No doubt he will (or should, in a logic manga...) also wipe the floor of the americans when he plays, like this new guy is doing to Tokyo. So he states himself.

And that's why one of the best moments, if not the very best moment of Sawamura, was the freaking Ichidai game. He was serious than ever, focused than ever. Didn't even wanted to talk to Miyuki or Kataoka, much less Furuya. Much less pep talk to lift Furuya. He's the Ace, has all the status and benefits from that, public and teammates love him and his pitching, there's a crazy status quo by the coach and the main catcher, I'm playing much better than him... and he's the Ace, the one will all the attention? The guy pitching like sh*t right there? No way.

Of course in that day didn't talked, and wasn't the goofy loud one. Was pissed, and wanted to state himself, like Mei sure as hell would also do, and also feel the exact same way. That's the evolution that Sawamura should be having: to Mei-type of pissed and competitive with the real guns and when things get serious or I need to state myself; not this loop of having to take constant care of Furuya, because he's a 10yo children mentality-wise that needs everyone to give them their support. I thought that was already in the past, or at least should had been...

Sorry for the long rant. This manga provokes me feelings that I don't have in any other manga, and that I didn't even knew I could have with a simple series. The development plus characters in Seidou overall is simply outrageous; specially when he have one of the best characters in terms of development ever, right in the middle of things.